For every epidemic, you’ll find someone trying to make a quick buck, and now some hucksters are capitalizing on the Zika scare by flooding the market with “lifesaving” swag.
At least 6 people filed legal docs to lock down merchandising rights for Zika prevention kits. The products are all about mosquito repellents, including:
– Zika Shield: mosquito nets; particularly nets adapted to be mounted onto an umbrella
– Zika Screen: insect screens for use in building construction
– Zika Trap: insect traps
– Bye Bye Zika: mosquito repellent coils
– Anti Zika: cedar wood for use as an insect repellent; insect repellent tags for pets; mosquito repellent incense
– Zika Band: insect repellent wristband
Judge all you want … there’s a good chance these quick thinkers will rake in the dough.